4 laps and 40 miles at Elm Creek FFF (Fatbike Frozen 40) on Sat. 2 laps and some shennanigans at Hillside FBF (Fatbike Fest) on Sun.
I'll spare too many details. Typed out race narrative is almost as boring as watching mountain bike videos. Rather be doing it than watching or reading it.
I will type that day one and FFF marks the modern age of riding bikes in the winter. 200 participants from all sorts, on uber groomed trails. Day two and FBF is the first of a kind. Founder of winter singletrack/ snow MTB racing at least in the lower 48. There were other winter races out there, but not taking a mountainbike trail and putting a snow rutt to it. Richzilla and his rodeo at Hillside started it all.
- 4 plus hours on the bike
- Each lap conditions got worse (bliss)
- Lap 4 was the best
- They didn't block off the skinny's (time bonus if cleaned)
- Had to regroup after each lap. No enduro life in me on the day.
- Finished top 10? No idea on my results. Funke and his guy 2nd in tag team. Moto keeps pro fatbike license with 3rd place. Johnsen, Bush, Machine, K-jeer all frozen grimmaces.
- Hanging with the goonsquad
- Lap 1 felt worse than all 4 laps on Sat (bliss)
- Trail was perfect, uber rutt
- First tracks on couple junk traps
- Jacks endo track on skiny over my dillger track.
- Yard sale on that one bridge after those jumps. Lucky to get up. but I don't believe in luck.
- Jim's podium shot. Like last year. Hands down. 'ho hum'.
- Finished top 10? No idea on my results. Jim got 4th tho. Heath on borrowed bike 3rd. Horns, Rocket, Coldbert we are all looking behind waiting for my attack... Nope. Edduro cooked me good. Hat off to Hogland, got me both days, mask/ aero wheels and all.
NOTE: I know what your thinking,"Edduro?". Named after our team stairmaster extraordinare, who has a hard time saying 'no' to a beatdown...
Took no pics. So I'll advertise my L-M-L race in a shade over a month... Could be alot of this... Or not. Just sign up, worry about details later... See link on the side.
|LML and Garrett Ave. (this guy is now on the goonsquad)|
Okay enough typing... Back to Presidents day house chores... Great President and quote; "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt", Abraham Lincoln.