Sunday, February 9, 2014

Head Clearance/ Maggies Farm

Trails are getting lower these days. Watch your head. Especially those that believe they have some special winter angle dust and can get by without wearing a helmet. I don't get that. Ride hard, protect the braincage.

Next, I recall Elm Creek snowbiking in the sticks behind lifetime fitness, much differnt than today. Quite the trail CJ and associates have groomed. They've made packing trail into a science. Allgood. Just warn the new generation fatbike crowd, don't expect that trail everywhere. One of a kind.

Elm Creek- Even with the groom, prefer b lines/ random skinnys.
 With that, first time on the modern day Elm Creek winter trail. Plenty of moto countersteering, trail could be a skating rink come Saturday and the Frozen 40 race...

Made it a 3 Rivers Park District weekend. Murphy bliss on a tip from #1 when I ran into him at the mall of all places... Some good rutts and boot to keep you honest. Backwards is the new forwards. The easy is hard/ hard easy.

Worthy off camber rutt. Fox tumbled down this one time...

First time in years I i-pod'd while non-road riding. Figured I wouldn't catch any sticks in the RD with this much snow... This song had me drifting off the trail...



Rest in peace to my friend Ben M. He was a good man and will be missed. Riding bikes in Heaven is not like Afton Alps, I'm sure you can crash your MTB and not break your arm again... 

No comments:

Post a Comment