- Equates to an Arizona trip to hang with the Folks and 'YMCA camp for seniors'. Rode some great trails and got into difficulty around Pass/ Usery/ Gold Canyon/ Superstition Mtns.
- Next, pull off coordinating and racing my own race along with 155 other people. Still have people listed as MIA, not sure what to take of that.
|Getting drug around by Team Velo Vanga... (TMB Photo)|
- After that, quick first time visit to the quiet and chillaxing Sanibel Island of Florida. Was able to witness my wife in her zone of shelling. Was even able to carve out time for an MTB ride on a local 10 mile singletrack loop that runs both ways.
- Flight home at 11PM, at the Ragnarök starting line at 7:30AM the next morning. Took 35 miles to shake off the jet lag, then got into some sort of grove til I popped on a deal Heath found.
- The next morning, lead an effort to break ground on new local trails.
- Multitasking... More dirt work. A back to back double ride/ morning Club ride with Silvercycling and HWoods, afternoon B day ride for my guy D Funke. 3 miles from the finish I hit a milestone. First time in 20 years I wanted to get off my bike and walk. Right knee pain so bad I was melting in agony.
- Up next. Try and decode a bad knee and IT Band. I tell my daughter 'you can't break steel', but you sure can melt it.
- That and more trail building.